Medical Professional Liability Claims
Medical Professional Liability Claims Specialist- REMOTE in CA
This is a full time permanent remote position however, the Claim Specialist must reside in California and have experience handling Medical Professional Liability Claims in CA
We are seeking a MedMal Claims Specialist for our well-established carrier partner.
The Medical Professional Liability Claims Specialist investigates, evaluates, and resolves Medical Malpractice claims in California and possibly Arizona and Nevada
• Investigates claims from initial contact to resolution
• Research and analysis of medical facts; directs and monitors attorney work product and executes recommendations regarding case resolution.
• Confirms coverage and resolves coverage issues.
• Evaluates liability and damage information to establish consistent and appropriate indemnity and ALAE reserves.
• Communicates with reinsurers and other involved parties in monitoring and resolving cases as appropriate.
• Approves bills and controls expense functions.
• Monitors trial activities and negotiates settlements within given authority, including direct negotiation with plaintiffs and plaintiff attorneys.
• Attends trial-related activities including, but not limited to, arbitrations, mediations, settlement conferences, pre-trial conferences and trials as appropriate.
• 5+ years’ experience handling medical professional liability claims.
• Solid computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to work independently with a fully remote home office
This is a full time permanent remote position offering salary, auto allowance, allowance for remote work and excellent benefits
*** Please reach out to Paula with questions or for additional information: