Inside Claims Adjuster
INSIDE CLAIMS ADJUSTER
The inside Claims Adjuster investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and resolves property claims with low to moderate complexity and value.
Works within appropriate reserve and settlement authority.
Works closely with the Unit Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determines the facts of the loss, coverage compensability, and the degree of exposure.
• Reviews, analyzes, and applies policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements.
• Establishes timely and accurate property claim and expense reserves.
• Communicates clearly and professionally.
• Determines settlement amounts.
• Negotiates and conveys property claim settlements to insureds.
• Controls damage exposures through proper usage of cost containment tools.
• Maintains an effective diary system to ensure timely resolution.
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Writes complex correspondence to insureds.
• Identifies property claims that may have value added by an outside field inspection.
• Determines potential fraud and refers claims to Special Investigations Unit.
• Identifies potential for subrogation and refers to the Subrogation Unit as needed.
• Partners with counsel to develop litigation plan and adhere to applicable guidelines.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education and / or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
• Minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in the adjusting of residential and commercial claims or a combination of education and experience.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Customer service orientation; empathy.
• Spanish speaking is a plus.
Licenses and / or Certifications:
• Adjuster’s license(s) (where applicable) required or successfully acquired within 60 days of hiring.
• AIC a plus. Professional designation specific to claims a plus.
This is a full time permanent position offering competitive salary and benefits
Please reach out to Paula Taylor at: for additional information. (951)813-0854