Senior Property Claims Specialist
Inside Property Claim Specialist-Remote- CA
We are seeking a Remote Property Claims Specialist in Northern California for our well-established insurance carrier partner.
This is a full time permanent remote Inside Claims position.
The Senior Claims Representative will be responsible for:
• Investigation, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of assigned residential and commercial property claims
• Working within delegated reserve and settlement authority.
• Handling property claims with additional complexities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages moderate to high complexity property claims.
• Determines facts of the loss, coverage compensability and degree of exposure.
• Reviews, analyses, and applies policy conditions.
• Establishes timely and accurate property claim and expense reserves.
• Communicates clearly and professionally by telephone and/or written correspondence.
• Serves as a trainer.
• Determines settlement amounts based on independent judgment, estimation of actual cash value and replacement value, contractor estimate validation, appraisals, application of applicable limits and deductibles.
• Negotiates and conveys property claim settlements within authority limits to insureds.
• Controls damage exposures through proper usage of cost containment tools.
• Maintains an effective diary system.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education and / or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the adjusting of residential and commercial claims
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Analytical and decision making skills.
• Bilingual a plus.
• AIC a plus.
• Professional designation specific to claims a plus.
This is a full time permanent remote opportunity.
$75k-$85k plus benefits
**** Please reach out to Paula with questions or for additional information: Paula.Taylor@insure-national.com